NEVER BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND, have the chances been better that you will KEEP YOUR OWN healthy, natural teeth for your entire lifetime. Remarkable technology and fantastic advanced materials, combined with Dr. Jane Lilly’s and Dr. Kevin Lilly’s artistic eyes and skills help make that possible. It’s a great time to be a boomer!
Making various decisions about dental treatments isn’t easy sometimes. There are so many choices. To help you better understand dental services decision making, we’ve set up a simple framework (explained below). We hope this will help bring additional clarity to your decision making. The decisions themselves are always YOURS to make. We just want to be sure you have good information.
The last couple of posts, this one, and the last in this series next week have focused on “The Lifetime of Your Smile” by dividing that lifetime into four phases:
- 1–20 Year Old Smiles
- 20–40 Year Old Smiles
- 40–65 Year Old Smiles
- 65+ Year Old Smiles
Thinking About The Must Do’s, Should Do’s, and Could Do’s
Each day we prioritize decision making through “must do’s,” “should do’s,” and “could do’s.” Here at Lilly Family Dentistry our goal is to make sure you’re comfortable with your oral health decisions.
The recommendations below ARE NOT exhaustive—and, there’s no completely right or wrong answer to what YOU must, should, or could be doing. Everyone has different priorities, wants and needs. Think of this post series as a starting point! And if you have questions, please contact us and we’ll visit.
What About 40–65 Year Old Smiles?
THE BEST PART OF LIFE IS BEGINNING! Seriously! And don’t forget, as science continues to prove, the crucial role proper dental care plays in your overall health and appearance. So exercise, eat well, enjoy yourself along the way, and flash your gorgeous smile more often!
Some Must do’s.
- It’s estimated that up to 3/4 of adults over age 35 have some degree of gum disease. Work with Dr. Jane, Dr. Kevin, and/or our team members to be sure you don’t.
- 63% of boomers with an oral health problem considered to be an indication of a more serious problem, are unaware of the connection. Don’t skip regular check ups!
- You may have silver mercury amalgam fillings, placed long ago when you were a teenager. Not only are they unsightly and can damage tooth structure, but some believe they may present other disadvantages. Work with Drs. Lilly to systematically replace them over time with durable, greatly-improved, white composite fillings.
- The best half of your life lies ahead. Didn’t you remodel your bathroom after a few decades? It’s time to remodel your smile! Dr. Jane Lilly and Dr. Kevin Lilly provide “upgrades” that will help you to keep your teeth for rest of your life.
- Well beyond botox, breast implants, and viagra… Nothing makes you look AND feel YOUNGER than a beautiful smile. It’s a fact. Today’s whitening treatments—often combined with one of many porcelain veneer options—can create a personal smile makeover that is truly your “fountain of youth.” Talk to Dr. Jane or Dr. Kevin.
Here at Lilly Family Dentistry, our entire team wants to be your oral health partners for life! Be sure to connect with us on Facebook by clicking on the logo below, if you haven’t already!